The breathtaking azure touch like a deep blue sea that people with blue eyes have is simply majestic. Blue is the second rarest eye color in the world after green. This is one of the reasons why people having blue eyes always get lucky in grabbing people’s attention.
If you were blessed with naturally blue eyes, you need to do your eye makeup perfectly in order to enhance the color of your eyes. The makeup you use on your blue eyes should enhance the natural blue color of your eyes and not overpower or deter from the color.
Some important makeup tips to accentuate your blue eyes.
- The eye shadow colors that will look good on blue eyes are white, grey, icy pink, turquoise, chocolate brown, terracotta, gold, bronze, camel and other neutral shades. You can also add a dot of shimmer or sparkly light eye shadow to the inner corner of each eye to make those blue eyes pop!
- If you wish to use only one eye shadow, layer it more heavily around the lash line, and then softly blend it so that it fades naturally at the crease. However, when using two different shades of eye shadow, apply a light, neutral shadow under the brow bone and at the inner corner of the eye and then try to line the upper lashes with dark shadow.
- Mascara makes your eyes look more feminine and pretty and hence you need to use it perfectly. Using plain black mascara is the best choice to highlight the blue color of your eyes. However, if you are tired of using plain black mascara, you can opt for dark blue mascara. Dark blue mascara will help to bring out the natural blue color of your eyes.
- If you want your eyes to really stand out, then you need to choose the color of your eyeliner perfectly. The best eye liner colors for blue eyes include shades of brown, black, charcoal, camel, taupe, light purple shades, lavender, silver and gray. These color help the eyes look even bluer.
- When it comes to applying eyeliner, it is advisable to opt for a cat-eye or winged eyeliner look. Winged eyeliner helps to focus more on blue color of your eyes. Go for a subtle, barely-winged look for daily wear, but if it is special occasions, you can apply thick and more exaggerated eyeliner. However, if you wish to create the illusion of a bigger eye, apply plain white eyeliner to the inside of the lower lash liner.
- The eyebrows should be well plucked and maintained to create the right angel to make your blue eyes look more beautiful. You can also use eyebrow pencil to highlight the line of your brows. If you have thick brows, do not forget to brush them.
- To hide any dark circles or discoloration, use concealer that matches with your skin tone. With the help of a concealer you can easily cover up fine lines, dark circles and wrinkles. There is no need to use too much concealer. Just a few drops of concealer will do.
- Also do not forget to curl your eye lashes to make your eyes pop! Curled eye lashes make your eyes look more feminine. Try to use eye lash curler only after applying mascara to enjoy properly curled lashes for hours.
- In order to put more emphasis on your natural blue eyes, tone down your lip color by using a matte lipstick in a peachy brown or mauve or a pale pink shade. Bright or dark lip colors will take the focus off from your eyes and hence you need to avoid such colors. Also sweep a natural blush in a soft color against your cheeks for a less intense yet still dramatic and bold look.
Whether you are headed to work or a special night out, follow these above mentioned important makeup tips for blue eyes.
To know more you can check this interesting video: