Makeup is important for any female. Every day we use different types of makeup to enhance our physical appearance. Makeup will help you look and feel more beautiful, but leaving it on overnight is something you must avoid at any cost.
When makeup remains on the skin for a longer time period, it clogs pores and prevents sebum secretion, which in turn causes acne and other skin problem. Furthermore, it can even irritate your skin beyond repair.
So, whatever makeup you are using during the day time needs to be removed completely before going to bed. This way your skin can breathe and repair itself. There are different types of makeup remover, facial cleanser, cold cream or toner in the market that you can use to cleanse your skin and make it makeup free. If you don’t have any of these products, you can always find something in your kitchen to use as a makeup remover. The homemade makeup removers are effective, cheap as well as very safe.
Here are some natural makeup removers in your kitchen.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil can be used as a makeup remover, moisturizer, lip balm, and much more. You can use it as natural cleansing oil. Soak a cotton ball in coconut oil, squeeze out the extra and then use it to remove all sorts of lip, face and eye makeup. Coconut oil can even be used to remove waterproof makeup. Once you are done with removing all your makeup, wash your face with lukewarm water, pat dry properly and then apply a night cream or little moisturizer.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil will also help to remove all sorts of makeup products with ease. Plus, it will also calm down your irritated skin and its anti-ageing properties will keep your skin looking young for years. You can simply soak a cotton ball in olive oil, and massage that on your face to remove the makeup and dirt. After that, use a tissue or a clean towel to get rid of excess oil before going to bed. You can even dilute olive oil with little water and then use it as a makeup remover.
- Whole Milk: Milk is an amazing ingredient for your skin. It not only hydrates and moisturizes your skin, but also replenishes the essential nutrients required by it. For a natural makeup remover, take a tablespoon of milk and add a few drops of almond oil to it and mix properly. Now dab this solution onto your face with cotton balls and rub in circular motions. Finally, clean your face with fresh cotton balls and splash some cold water.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is water enriched fruit that can be used as a makeup remover. Just mash one cucumber into a paste, add some milk or olive oil to it. Now use this mixture to cleanse your face. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, cucumber will also help to soothe irritated and acne-prone skin.
- Yogurt: Another ingredient that you will find in almost every kitchen is yogurt. Yogurt will moisturize your skin and will even cleanse your skin. Just dip a clean cotton ball in some plain yoghurt and rub that on your face in circular motions. After that, rinse it off with some cold water.
Always remember that removing all your makeup at night is a vital part of an effective skin care routine, and it will help you to enjoy clean and healthy skin.