Your eyes define your overall beauty and that is why women give more focus on eye makeup. Some of the basic beauty problems are also associated with eyes only. One of the distinct eye problems is the ugly dark circles which are nothing but dark blemishes around the eyes. As dark circles under the eyes can spoil the beauty of your face, most women look for ways to hide the dark circles under their eyes.
Reason behind dark circles under the eyes
Dark circles under the eyes are due to the thinness of the skin under the eyes and the proximity of tiny blood vessels to the skin’s surface. Tiny blood vessels mean poor blood circulation which is not a good sign. Main reasons for dark circles are hereditary, lack of sleep, too much time spend on sleeping, excessive drinking, exposure to direct sun light, allergic reactions, vascular problem, unhealthy diet plan, some skin problem, nasal congestion, too much stress and so on. The nature of skin around the eyes is extremely delicate and hence you need to take good care of your eyes. Hence, improper care of eyes is also one of the main reasons behind the formation of dark circles under the eyes.
Dark circles are likely to become more noticeable and permanent with age. Dark circle under eyes is a very common beauty problem amongst women over the age of thirty. Also dark circles are more prominent amongst those having olive or darker skin tones.
Some makeup tips to hide dark circles:
- Try to keep the skin around your eyes well moisturized by applying a good under-eye moisturizer whenever you feel dryness around the skin. Lack of moisture can cause dark circles and wrinkles around the eyes.
- Use a primer to hide imperfections around your eyes such as ugly dark circles. It is recommended to use a yellow primer to hide dark circles under eyes. You can also use different color of primer depending upon your skin tone.
- You can smartly hide the dark circles around your eyes by using the right concealer. Buy a concealer that is at least one shade lighter than your foundation color. For extremely dark circles, use a concealer which is two shades lighter than your foundation. Use very limited amount of concealer and gently pat the concealer into the skin so that it blends properly.
- If you do not want to use a concealer you must start your makeup with a basic foundation lotion. First apply foundation on the dark circles around your eyes and then only apply a foundation base on your whole face including the dark circles. After some time use face powder all over the face and especially on the dark circles.
Homemade remedies for dark circles under the eyes
There are many products easily available in the kitchen that you can use without worrying about side effects to get rid of the dark circles. Some of the remedies are:
- Take the fresh gel of Aloe Vera and apply it gently to the dark circles. This will work as a natural concealer.
- Take a raw potato and cut it into pieces. Put a piece of potato over your eyes and wait for few minutes before rinsing your eyes. You need to repeat the process twice a day for two to three weeks to witness better results.
- Take a fresh cucumber and slice it in circles. Now put cucumber slices on your eyes for five minutes. The juice of cucumber helps in treating dark circles very fast.
- You can also use mint leaves regularly in order to prevent dark circles. Take fresh mint leaves and crush it and apply in around the dark circles once in a week. Mint leaves will also offer a cooling effect to the eyes.
- Before going to bed, massage the skin around your eyes with almond oil. This oil will offer nourishment to the sensitive and delicate skin around your eyes and you can see fast improvement. Instead of almond oil you can also use coconut oil.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in cold milk and then place the cotton on closed eyes for 10-15 minutes daily before sleeping.
- Apply cool and damp caffeinated tea bags over your closed eyes daily for about ten minutes. The tannin in tea bags reduces swelling and discoloration of the skin around the eyes.
In order to keep your eyes looking youthful and beautiful minus the dark circles, here are some more tips:
- Quit smoking as it is not good for your eyes and also your overall health. Smoking causes vascular related health problems that will make your blood vessels appear more prominent.
- Before going out always apply a sunscreen around the eye area. Exposure to UV rays, can cause wrinkling and sagging of skin around your eyes.
- A well balanced diet with proteins, minerals, and vitamins can also help a lot in preventing dark circles. Vitamin C, E, K, along with iron and folic acid are also helpful in this matter.
- Try to get your beauty sleep and lack of sleep can result in pale skin and poor bluff circulation. Before going to bed at night, remove all eye makeup and apply some moisturizer to the sensitive skin around your eyes.
Well, in case you have dark circles there is nothing to worry about. With the wide array of tips mentioned above you can easily get rid of your unwanted dark circles. In case you are not able to get rid of your dark circles under the eyes after following these tips, you must consult a skin specialist. With a few tests the cause behind the dark circles can be determined and proper treatment can be followed too.